Friday, April 4, 2008

Rick Rolls

For as long as I've been surfing the Net I'm still surprised by some of the things that gain popularity.  One such thing is the Rick Roll.  The concept behind it is simple.  Post or share a link with others that's supposed to be related to a topic being discussed.  When the others go to click the link they are instead directed to a video of Rick Astley's music video for his song "Never Gonna Give You Up". 

Sending out false links is nothing new, but this particular one has reached insane levels of popularity.  This past April Fool's day was saturated with Rick Rolls.   I soon realized I had been Rick Rolled via the TV with the Family Guy episode "Meet the Quagmires".  Of all the recent Internet meme's this one has exploded off the Net and into the real world.

What led me to write a post was this latest Rick Roll.  Creative, funny and unexpected I think this is one of the best ones out there.

No comments: