Sunday, April 6, 2008

And behind today's showcase is... A NEW CAR!!!

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new car.  Since coming back to the States we've been doing the rental thing.  In my infinite wisdom I thought it was a good idea to sell our car (NOT!) before going to the UK, something along the lines of having more cash to start our new life, no need for a car in London, blah blah blah.  I will freely admit that it was a stupid fucking mistake. Anyways...

In our attempt to minimize cost we looked at the budget/small car range: Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, etc.  After a couple of test drives we settled on the Nissan Versa HB.  Out of all the cars it was the most fun to drive and gave the most bang for your buck. 

Buying a car these days is just painful.  Since I already knew what I wanted, I called dealerships in the area to compare pricing.  5 long hours later...  It was ridiculous some of the tactics I experienced.  1 dealership didn't call me back, 2 dealerships refused to give me prices over the phone, and another tried to pull a bait and switch in order to get me down to their lot.  Out of the 6 I called, only 2 were nice.  One of the two nice ones was the place I originally test drove it at and thankfully ended up having the best pricing.

So on Monday I get to pick up my shiny new wagon.  It will look something like this -

Nissan Versa HB

Beep! Beep!

No comments: